A few boy mom observations of the girl shopping world:
1. The girl’s section is a minimum of 3x as large as the boy’s section in every store
2. The women shopping in the girl’s section tend to squeal and hold up items they find especially cute – this is opposed to those shopping in the boy’s section who just throw things in the cart with a face that says “this will do”
3. Every item in the girl’s section has something to coordinate with it – they do make accessories for newborns
4. There are over 100 shades of pink
5. Any and all of the 100 shades of pink can be combined into a single outfit. Pink matches pink (and red) no matter what shade.
6. Little girls (even toddler girls) shopping with their moms appear to have strong opinions on the clothes being purchased…as opposed to my boys who have a strong opinion on wearing no clothes.
Needless to say, store shopping has been overwhelming instead of exciting. If I stick to etsy.com for a while I think I’ll be good. I really think I am going to have to very slowly ease myself into it. On the other hand I am having tons of fun thinking about the nursery. Finally – I get to pick out whatever I want for a room and not have to think “Is this too feminine?” I have a good idea of what I am going to do, but to start things off my super talented aunt is making a quilt for me. And of course, it is going to be an Amy Butler covered nursery (small picture from amybutlerdesign.com).