I feel like I say “please pick that up” 5oo times a day. I know it can’t possibly be that many times, but it sure feels like it. We’ve needed a new plan…intervention, if you will. We’ve tried chore charts before, but they just have not worked in our family. I needed something smaller that could be moved around easily. So, this week I made little clipboards with daily checklists for the kids. So far, they really like that they each have their own and can keep them where they choose. We’ll see how it is going in a few weeks…
- Craft Wood (got mine at Micheals)
- Checklist (you can download mine by clicking here, to download look under the “file” tab on the top right)
- Letter stickers (mine are by Amy Tangerine c/o American Crafts)
- Crafter’s Goop
- Mini clothes pins (mine are Story Teller c/o American Crafts)
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Toothpick or small stick
- Sanding block or sandpaper
I’ve always got little helpers around. Yes, she is on the work table. Don’t worry, I disinfect when the work table turns into the dinner table.
Little notes about this project:
- I will laminate my paper and then let the kids use dry erase markers to check off their lists each day. This would save a lot of paper and ink from being wasted making a new sheet for each day. If you have a Mardels near you, I know they can laminate several feet of paper for $1.00.
- If I had a house full of girls, I would make these a lot more girly and cute. But, I have boys. They don’t go for girly and cute.
- I left blanks so I could change out items and make them more kid specific.
I’m hoping this helps a little with my regular morning and night listing of things for the kids to remember to do. Obviously, I help the two that are not avid readers yet. Their lists must be done before they get certain privileges…they get their stuff done and I don’t get so exhausted having to remind them. Win Win.
My blog has been a bit different in recent months. Not nearly as many diy projects or any type of project for that matter. Have you noticed? I just don’t feel very creative these days. I don’t have much motivation for projects, all I want is my WHOLE family together. We’ve had so much going on around here. It is a time of transition…before the real transition happens! I’m cutting back a lot of things. I even stepped down from my role as a regular diy contributor on Design*Sponge – which was a HUGE deal for me to ‘give up’. We are on day 62 waiting for our acceptance letter, once we receive it we still have around 10 weeks before we get to travel. Blah.
And while I am a little depleted these days…how about some fun links?
DIY mini crepe flowers by Buggie and Jellybean
What I want to do when I am 86 – A yahoo sports clip, so impressed
A beautiful post by Kelly Hampton
How to style a low bun by a Beautiful Mess – aka a much cuter way to fix my hair than the daily ponytail